Pages

Friday 21 August 2015

Final show

Today, I watched the final show of Graduate Diploma Art and Design course.
In exhibition, I was impressed by 'On Reflections and Revelations' which is installation by Ariadne Sevgi Avkiran.
There were six sculptures and one mirror. The shape of sculpture is like human face, but not definitely. The main concept of this work is emotion. Avkiran was inspired by relationship with her friends. She said when she communicated with others, the many emotion flow and she can named these emotions with the word.
The main material of  these works are glass and plaster. Avkiran said that she used these material because of her emotion.  Plaster is easy to flew, but solid soon. It is easy to express her feeling directly. Moreover, glass is difficult to control. She cannot expect correctly until she complete the final work.
There is  a sculpture I was interested most. This work made from plaster and put some plant put in the mouth. Plant looks like appearing from mouth, but mouth looks like choking on these plants. I consider that this plants mean her word what she wants to say her friend, but she chokes on that.
In addition, I think that a mirror on the wall is interesting. She said that it means make audience look their mind. For me, it was interesting that I could see her face sculpture and my own face together. I could see the situation of me surrounded by many face sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment